Pastor Andrew Owen
Dear eNews friends and church members,
PRAYER & FASTING
“As the deer pants [longingly] for the water brooks,
So my soul pants [longingly] for You, O God.
My soul (my life, my inner self) thirsts for God, for the living God.
When will I come and see the face of God?”
Psalm 42:1-2 (Amplified Bible)
Welcome to a life changing week of prayer and fasting!
Definition: Fasting is going without food for a spiritual purpose.
Fasting has always been part of a normal relationship with God!
Matthew chapter 6 confirms this simply by assuming we will fast…”When you fast…”
A hunger in our stomach births a hunger in our hearts for everything God has promised to do for us and through us.
- Fasting brings faith – fast!
- Fasting means you are more sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- Fasting breaks bondages off our lives and brings breakthrough in our circumstances.
- Fasting with faith blesses the Lord.
- Fasting with faith terrifies the devil!
This week as we pray and fast together, lets expect to see sudden shifts in our individual and corporate lives.
- Some people fast a meal a day.
- Some people completely fast the full week.
- Some fast two or three days.
What did you do the last time you fasted? Pray about that, maybe the Lord will stir you to go one point further on this occasion.
“I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.” – Phil 4:13
Instead of eating and drinking we change it to praying and drinking.
As you pray and fast this week, exercise your faith for the following…
1. Souls, souls, souls!
2. Harvest hands working faith-filled and expectant in the harvest field – maybe you will have a divine appointment or two this week!
3. A God-sized harvest from our healing meetings and Easter celebrations – draw up a list of those you are praying will come with you and come to Christ during this season. Bring those people before the Lord every day.
We are praying for you and with you.
Sign up here to get eNews sent straight to your inbox.